5 Steps to a more Successful You!
When you look at successful people, do you ever wonder how they got there? It's easy to assume that people who are successful are somehow lucky or blessed. We often forget that their path to success took hard work, commitment and sacrifice. The reality is none of us succeed without investing in ourselves and continuing to grow both personally and professionally.
Here are 5 things you can do to be a better you!
1. Read! - I am an avid reader, in fact last year I read more than 100 books, most of which were focused on personal growth and business development. When we stop learning we stop growing. Reading is a huge component of how to learn new skills, improve relationships and uncover new ideas. If you are looking for a quick and affordable way to increase your chances of success, pick up a book and start reading!
2. Conduct Reverse Interviews - Have you ever met someone who is doing exactly what you want to be doing or who has achieved a goal you want to accomplish? Ask them for a reverse interview. A reverse interview is simply an opportunity for you to ask the other person how they accomplished their goals. I try and do a reverse interview at least once a month with someone who has been successful doing what I want to do either personally or professionally.
I usually ask if I can have 20-30 minutes of their time to talk with them about what they have accomplished. I try to keep it conversational and I always offer to buy them coffee! Most people who are living their dreams and pursuing their passions are very willing to help other people reach their goals and share their triumphs and trials.
3. Hire a Coach - There are times when hiring a coach is the best action you can take to get clear on your goals and develop your personal and professional skills. Coaches come in all sorts of varieties and each has a different focus and style. I've worked with coaches to help me with marketing, speaking, and business development. I've also worked with coaches on personal development and relationship building. Coaches can provide practical advice and guidance on how to move forward on your journey. One of the reasons I became a coach was to give back and help other people achieve their goals. Working with female entrepreneurs is both exciting and rewarding.
4. Join a Mastermind Group - Mastermind Groups are normally made up of 5 - 10 people who are working together to achieve common goals. Some are free groups and some are paid groups, but they all focus on the support and development of their members. If you can't find a mastermind group you want to join, consider creating your own. (Link to great mastermind article - Huffington post?)
5. Build a Support Network - None of us get through this life on our own. In order to be successful and reach our goals, we need a strong support network. This network can consist of loved ones, a few close friends or business associates. Each member of your support network will serve a different purpose, but each will help you reach goals you never thought were possible. As you start looking for ways to achieve more in business and life, take a look at your support network and make sure you are surrounding yourself with people who want what’s best for you.