7 Ways to Achieve More!
Do you ever wake up in the morning and wish you could do a little more, be a little more, or give a little more? If you can relate, you aren't alone. We all have a desire to be the best versions of ourself, but sometimes "real life" gets in the way. The good news is there are some simple steps you can take to live the life you've always imagined.
- Identify your dreams and passions - Have you ever stopped to think about what you want to accomplish in life? If you are like me, it's easy to get caught up in day-to-day responsibilities of life and forget to ask yourself what you really want to do. If I am honest, I went through a better part of three decades without really slowing down enough to pursue my dreams and passions. Today I am more intentional about living a life that reflects not only who I want to be, but what I want to share with this world. I believe we are all designed with certain gifts and talents, and when we are brave enough to follow our dreams and passions we are a better version of ourself and have more to offer others. (take my free 7 day challenge to uncover your dreams)
- Set goals - Once you've identified your dreams and passions, it is important to set goals to move you towards that dream life. Goals are specific actions you should take to help move you towards your dreams. Most experts will tell you to follow the SMART model when setting goals, meaning your goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. Those are good tips, but I think there is a danger in limiting your goals when you start worrying too much about the attainable and realistic part. Be brave enough to set goals that are a little scary or a little bit of a stretch. For instance, I set the goal of running a half marathon in all 50 states by the age of 50. It's an ambitious goal and it's a stretch, but it's still worth pursuing! Without pushing past what we think is possible, it's hard to really achieve everything we can to make our dreams a reality.
- Take Action - One of the reasons I got into this business is to help women take action and actually reach their dreams and goals. I realized that women are often full of amazing dreams and audacious goals, but too often they fail to take action to achieve them. Taking action is often the toughest part of our journey. There are times where we fail to take action because we don't have the resources we need to move forward, but far more often we let fear and complacency keep us from taking risks in our life and pursuing those dreams we believe are just out of reach. Now don't get me wrong, I help my clients create solid plans before they take action, but I also challenge them to step out in faith at times. Don't get stuck in the dreaming and planning phase of life, take action and move closer to those dreams!
- Find a mentor or coach - I can't stress the importance of finding a mentor or coach who can help you with the BIG dreams. When you look at the most successful people in this life, you would be hard pressed to find anyone who made it without the encouragement, support and guidance a mentor or coach can provide. Mentors and coaches give us the confidence to pursue those dreams and goals that feel just a little bit scary. When I was launching this business, I hired a number of coaches to help me learn the technical parts of the business, but also who were willing to challenge me to take action when I felt hesitant. They provided their perspective, wisdom and occasionally the tough love I needed to achieve my dreams of launching this business and helping other women reach their goals in their personal and professional lives.
- Build a support network - One of the things I have finally learned after a lot of resistance is that it's impossible to succeed in this life without having a strong support network. We will all experience ups and downs during this journey we call life. Having a support network you can lean on when you are down and share your excitement with when you are reaching for your dreams will make the journey so much better. Your network can be your family, friends, co-workers, or other dreamers who share your passion about your journey. Just make sure you take the time to build those networks and nurture them.
- Take Time to Recharge - For many high achievers who are on the path to living their dream life, taking time to recharge and relax is tough. If you are like me, you have so many things you want to accomplish you don't want to take the time off of being productive. Rest and relaxation are those things you'll have once you achieve your dreams! (Sound familiar?) However, if we fail to take care of ourselves physically, emotionally and spiritually we will quickly drain our reserves and actually slow our progress. Find little ways to take breaks during the day, spend time alone or with a loved one to recharge, and make sure you are taking care of your most valuable asset, you.
- Keep Going! We are all going to have setbacks and days that don't go like we expected. On days like that, it's so important not to give up, but to continue pushing forward. Even when life seems too tough and the dream you have seems unattainable, remember to keep going. Those that succeed aren't necessarily the most talented, or gifted, or lucky. They are the ones that wake up every day and make intentional choices about how they are going to spend their time. Spend your time going in the direction of your dreams.
Go Confidently in the Direction of Your Dreams! Live the Life You've Imagined.
Henry David Thoreau